Here at Electromart, we know that you care how information about you is used and shared, and we appreciate your trust that we will do so carefully and sensibly. This Privacy Notice describes how Electromart collects and processes your personal information through our website.
By using Electromart, you are consenting to the practices described in this Privacy Notice.
- What Personal Information About Customers Does Electromart Collect?
We collect your personal information in order to provide and continually improve our products and services.
Here are the types of personal information we collect:
- Information You Give Us: We receive and store any information you provide in relation to your purchases. This includes your identifying information such as your name, addresses, phone numbers, email addresses and payment information.
- Automatic Information: We automatically collect and store certain types of information about your use of Electromart. Like many websites, we use “cookies” and other unique identifiers, and we obtain certain types of information when your web browser or device accesses Electromart. This includes the location of your device and IP address data, login, email address, and password, searches, views and downloads and purchases.
- Information from Other Sources: We might receive information about you from other sources, including our carriers; payment service providers; merchants/brands; and advertising service providers.
- What does Electromart use your personal information for?
We use your personal information to operate, provide, develop, and improve the products and services that we offer our customers. These purposes include:
- Purchase and delivery of products and services. We use your personal information to take and handle orders, deliver products and services, process payments, and communicate with you about orders, products and services, and promotional offers.
- Provide, troubleshoot, and improve Electromart Services. We use your personal information to provide functionality, analyze performance, fix errors, and improve the usability and effectiveness of the Electromart website.
- Recommendations and personalization. We use your personal information to recommend features, products, and services that might be of interest to you, identify your preferences, and personalize your experience with us.
- Communicate with you. We use your personal information to communicate with you in relation to Electromart via different channels (e.g., by phone, email, chat).
- Advertising. We use your personal information to display interest-based ads for products that might be of interest to you.
- What about ‘Cookies’?
- Recognizing you when you sign-in to use our website. This allows us to provide you with product recommendations, display personalized content, and sending you customized newsletters and commercial/advertising messages tailored to your interests.
- Keeping track of items stored in your shopping cart, your wishlist and your account.
- Conducting research and diagnostics to improve Electromart’s content, products, and offers.
- Preventing fraudulent activity and improving security.
- Delivering content, including ads, relevant to your interests on the Electromart website and third-party sites.
Approved third parties may also set cookies when you interact with Electromart. Third parties include search engines, providers of measurement and analytics services, social media networks, and advertising companies.
- Does Electromart Share your Personal Information?
Information about our customers is an important part of our business, and we are not in the business of selling our customers’ personal information to others. We share customers’ personal information only as described below.
- Transactions involving Third Parties: In order to deliver your products purchased on our marketplace from third parties, we may be required to provide your personal data to such third parties to facilitate the sale of goods.
- Third-Party Service Providers: We employ other companies and individuals to perform functions on our behalf. Examples include fulfilling orders for products, delivering packages, sending emails, analyzing data, providing marketing assistance, processing payments, and providing customer service. These third-party service providers have access to personal information needed to perform their functions, but may not use it for other purposes.
- Business Transfers: As we continue to develop our business, we might sell or buy other businesses or services. In such transactions, customer information generally is one of the transferred business assets but remains subject to the promises made in any pre-existing Privacy Notice (unless, of course, the customer consents otherwise).
When we share your personal data with third parties, we:
- Only permit them to process your personal data for specified purposes and in accordance with our instructions. We do not allow our third-party service providers to use your personal data for their own purposes.
- How Secure Is Information About Me?
Our systems are designed with your security and privacy in mind. As such, we have put in place appropriate security measures to prevent your personal data from being accidentally lost, used or accessed in an unauthorised way, altered or disclosed.
- We work to protect the security of your personal information during transmission by using encryption protocols and software.
- We maintain physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards in connection with the collection, storage, and disclosure of customer personal information. Our security procedures mean that we may ask to verify your identity before we disclose personal information to you.
- We limit access to your personal data to those employees, agents, contractors and other third parties who have a business need to know. They will only process your personal data on our instructions, and they are subject to a duty of confidentiality.
- It is important for you to protect against unauthorized access to your password. We recommend using a unique password for your Electromart account that is not used for other online accounts. Be sure to sign out when finished using a shared computer. No Customer Service Associate or any other representative of Electromart will ever ask you for your password. The confidentiality of your password is yours to protect, and it can be changed any time by you.
- What Information Can You Access?
You can access your information, including your name, address, payment options and settings, profile information, order history, email notification settings, and wishlist, in the “Your Account” section of the website.
We highly value your trust and pledge to you, our customers, that we will work hard to protect the security and privacy of any personal information you provide to us and that your personal information will only be used as set forth in this Policy.
If you have any concern or questions about information privacy at Electromart, please contact us through our help center, and we will be glad to assist you.